- Lift some weights- One of the best ways to leave the gym is with your veins pumps and your muscles feeling tight. If this sounds good to you then you are probably a weights person and you should spend some time in the macho section of the gym where are the free weights are. You can work on creating that chiseled physique that you’ve always wanted. Don’t stop until you achieve your goals!
- Hit the cardio center- In most of the newer gyms there is a huge range of machines dedicated to providing all sorts of cardio focused exercises. If you want to get your heart rate up and burn some fat then you should spend some time in the cardio sections and find out what you like the most. Maybe you’re a treadmill person. Maybe you are an elliptical junky… You’ll never know until you try.
- Do some swimming- Hitting the pool is a wonderful way to exercise and feel refreshed all at the same time. One of the greatest parts about swimming at the gym is that most of them have full length pools which makes doing laps a lot easier than if you tried to do it from your home pool. The gym should have showers so that you can wash off the chlorine once you are done so that you don’t have to take the pool water around with you all day.
- Join an aerobics class- One of the best ways to have fun when you exercise is to join an aerobic class. It is not uncommon for gyms to offer a wide variety of fitness programs throughout the week. Ask someone at the front desk if you can get a copy of the schedule and then see what will work best for you. Make sure that you check the difficulty level for a class so that you don’t end up in a course that is for advanced members.
- Pickup game of basketball- If you love to exercise but don’t like boring workout routines then playing a game of pickup basketball is a perfect way to get a sweat going. Just about all gyms have full-sized basketball courts and are open to members throughout the day which makes playing some hoops a breeze. Make sure that you check the schedule so that the gym isn’t being used for something else and then you’re good to go.
The next time you head to the gym try doing something new that you are unfamiliar with and see how you like it. You might be surprised to discover a new favorite activity.
Archie Timmons writes freelance articles for online marketing specialists, Skyhook Marketing.